Fat Cow

I first found out about Fat Cow last year. Ever since, i've always wanted to visit the Japanese Inspired Steakhouse!

As i'm heading to BKK tmr, Jon & i decided to spend some time together today. We had lunch at the restaurant that i've been dying to try!!! I waited for more than 6 months hor!!! K lah, to be honest, i kept forgetting about F.C, lol... Because i had The Sushi Bar to distract me ma!

I'm sooo happy i finally tried the highly-raved Fat Foa-Gura Don today!!! It was yumz!!! And that's the reason why i visited F.C during lunch hr! For the lunch menu!!! Dinner menu's different from the lunch menu & all i wanted to eat was the famous Fat Foa-Gura Don!!!

Without further ado... Let me share with you pictures of Fat Cow!


This is Fat Cow...

.....
....
...
..
.



LOLLLLLLLLL!!!

Sorry, i just had to do that!!!

Okok, before i confuse you any further, Fat Cow is the name of a restaurant ya!!!


Fat Cow Sg ;)

I didn't make any reservation today. I walked into the restaurant at around 1.30PM and sat at this open area. I know that they have private rooms but you might have to call and book the rooms.

Set Lunch Menu

We were given two menus - A la Carte menu & the Set Lunch menu (above pic). My bf & i decided to get set lunches.

So we had to choose two sets right? We knew that one of the 2 sets would definitely be the Fat Foa-Gura Don! But we wanted to try something else besides the F.F.G.D (lol) so we ordered The Fat Cow Donburi as it caught our eyes. :)


Jap salad, miso soup, chawanmushi
(Included in the set lunch)

The Jap salad was yummy. Actually all Jap salads are yummy! I haven't eaten a gross Jap salad before, lol. It's the salad dressing la! I always love the peanut dressing that they use for salads. This salad, however, had a different dressing. I'm quite sure they used miso as one of the ingredients.

The chawanmushi was really not bad. It was not salty at all but had a strong flavor - Fresh prawns. I could tell it was made with only fresh ingredients. I would like it a lot more if it's a teeny bit saltier.

And the miso soup! Same thing, it was made with quality ingredients & not the cheapskate method - MSG & packeted seasonings, but, i would like it more if it's a teeny bit saltier, hahaha!

For health conscious people (and peeps who prefer less salty stuff), i think you guys'll love the miso soup & chawanmushi!

Chef at work!

It was fun watching the chef grill our wagyu beef right in front of our eyes!

And now... 

The mains!!!

You see, you see!!!

The Fat Cow Donburi
$38 for set lunch (price before GST & service charge)

Above: Charcoal-grilled wagyu beef with onsen egg & shiro negi!

I thought it was not bad but not as good as the one at the bottom!!! 

The wagyu beef was grilled nicely (we ordered medium). I loved how every slice of wagyu had the charcoal-grilled scent and that the beef was slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. I would very much prefer my wagyu to not be sliced so thinly, though. I like my meat to have some texture when i bite into it :)

The onsen egg was cooked perfectly but the egg yolk (when burst and stirred into my rice) kinda took some flavor away from the meat? Jon & i agreed on this. We would like to taste more wagyu and less egg yolk. Afterall, we were there for the wagyu. 

Overall, the dish would have tasted better if there were more flavor. I rate it 6 out of 10 stars.

FAT FOA-GURA DON
$42 for set lunch (price before GST & service charge)

Above: Glazed Foie gras and grilled wagyu beef over rice!

Mannnnnn!!! This was the bomb-diggity!!!

Jon & i took our first bite and we were in awe. So. damn. good! A must-order if you enjoy foie gras & beef. It's so tasty & the foie gras just melts in your mouth!

I rate it 9 out of 10 stars!!!

Chocolate ice cream
(included in set lunch as well)

I found the chocolate ice cream just okay. It has a nice chocolatey taste to it and i also enjoyed biting tiny bits of i-don't-know-what in the ice cream (i suspect it's atapchi) BUT it was tooooo sweet!!! So sweet i had trouble finishing it. (The bf liked it tho, :X)

I rate it 4 out of 10 stars.


P/s: Jon mentioned that the portion (for the don) is pretty small!

* * * * *

Overall, i enjoyed my dining experience at Fat Cow. The next time i visit the restaurant, i probably would just order from the a la carte menu. I don't know if i'm able to order a bowl of Fat Foa-Gura Don by itself but if i could, i would!

Our total bill added up to $104, which was pricey for a normal meal. Our hot green tea cost $4 per cup (before GST & service charge) and it was non-refillable. I thought that was quite absurd. We only realized after we paid, haha!


Do call & make reservations before heading down. For lunch menu, last order is at 2.30PM.

FAT COW

Lunch
Monday to Saturday: 12PM to 3PM (Last order at 2.30PM)
Dinner
Monday to Friday: 6PM to 11PM (Last order at 10.30PM)
Bar
Monday to Saturday: 5PM to 12AM (Last order at 11.30PM)

1 Orchard Blvd #01-01/02 S248649
Camden Medical Centre
F. +65 6735 7808
T. +65 6735 0308

RESERVATIONS
+65 67350308

No comments:

Post a Comment