My CNY 2013 Day Fifteen!

HELLO!

I hope everyone got to eat with their families just now! ;)

Ok!!! This year, i'm gonna start blogging regularly! Been years since i last wrote a proper blog post... Lolol. Will try to get back the hang of it ok!

Today's a really special day to me because of a couple of reasons! 

Firstly, it's the last day of CNY and most Chinese families would gather for Yuan Xiao! Yuan Xiao is a reunion dinner which takes place once every year, on the very last day of the lunar new year.

The next reason is.... Wahahaha.... My pretty and capable sis is doing so well in her career and had just received her bonus!!! So she generously brought the fam out for a nice Jap buffet dinner at Irodori Japanese Restaurant to celebrate~~~ Wooohooo! 

Thank you, sis, for the yummy treat! 
May the good Lord continue to bless you in your career!!! ;)))

If you don't already know, I LOVE TO EAT! And if i'd have to crack my brains and make the toughest decision of my life...... which is to choose a favourite cuisine....... I'd probably start hyperventilating and die on the spot.

.
.
.

Ok, i kid. 


-_-"


HEH. I LOVE JAP FOOD LAH!!! 

It's my ultimate LOVE! Hmmm... Second place should Thai cuisine AND a good steak! Lololol.

Anyway, just a short review... I think that the food was not bad! For the pretty reasonable amount that you're paying, i think you'd be pleased with the food quality and the number of varieties to choose from! Besides, the restaurant is always FULL HOUSE!

Some tips for you if you're heading down!

1. Always call & book beforehand! It's always full house!

2. Waiting time (in between each order) gets longer and longerrr as it gets later. So my advice to you is to just gan gan (be brave) order many dishes at one go and you won't regret! :P

3. Must try their complimentary grilled mentai prawns!!! Each person only gets 1 :/

Btw, my friends always ask me if Irodori or Ikoi's nicer (because I've tried both). These two are always being compared as both are Jap restaurants, offer buffets and are located damn near each other!!!

My honest opinion and what i'm going to say is based on my personal experiences and preference. It's okay if you disagree! :) 

I feel that Ikoi offers better quality food. We're talking about sashimi, yakiniku, tempura, chawanmushi, soup tea, hot tea and even edamame! HOWEVER. The variety at Ikoi's very limited as compared to Irodori!

Hmmm... If i am being forced to choose, i'd actually choose Ikoi over Irodori because i don't need that many varieties of food. I love my sashimis, tempuras and yakinikus. Enough to make me a very happy girl. Yep so i'd choose quality over variety! ;)

Some of the manyyyy food we ordered!

We really over-ordered just now, lol! We usually clear our plates easily but we had so much difficulties doing so just now!

Anyway, other than eating... the Tye Family also loves to take pictures. HAHAHA! So yep, after dinz, we were happily snapping pics with/for each other! ;)

Check out my two lil nephews!!! My da jie (eldest sis) is their mummy!!! ;)

Happy times with the fam ;)
The best meals are the ones eaten with your loved ones.

OH OH OH!

And something very, very important happened earlier today!!!


Yes!!!

My bf, Jon, finally accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior!!!

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm so excited for us! ;)

Ok i gtg now, photoshoot tmr!

Jesus loves you! ;)))



Irodori Japanese Restaurant
382 Havelock Rd, Riverview Hotel #03-01, Singapore 169629
Tel: 6737 2002

Business hours
Lunch: 11.30 AM - 2.30 PM
Dinner: 6.00 PM - 10.30 PM

Buffet lunch & dinner: $35++ (adult) $22++ (child, below 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment