Eng's Noodles House

Hey there!

I haven't blogged in a while because i was sooooo busy with many projects! I'm a lil free-er now so yeah~

I just got back from lunch @ Eng's Noodles House! I got to know about this place cos of my close gf, Qi.

A quick shout out to my babe:

Thank you, dear, for always sharing great food finds! I love you & miss you! Hang out soon! ;)

I don't know about you guys but i always have a hard time finding yummy wan ton mee in Sg. I don't think Fei Fei is that awesome... Pontian doesn't impress me much too. I always find the wanton mees in M'sia super yumz tho!!!

I'm still in the process of finding the best wanton mee in Sg! But for now, i think Eng's Noodles House is enough to satisfy my wan ton mee craving!

The wanton mee comes in two sizes - small $4, and big $5.

You have to request for black sauce / ketchup / etc if you want a saucier base! However, the original flavor is already good enough for me! Chili is stored in a bottle and every table has one. Add chili yourself, if you need some! :)

Ok my verdict!

Overall, I love the flavor of the wanton mee!!! Tasty and has the authentic wanton mee taste, if you know what i mean.

Wantons were tasty & yumz too! Veg was boiled well & has no smelly taste so i finished them all, which is unusual. Lol.

Charsiew was just alright to me as i believe that it could have been more flavorful & fragrant. Ok, i'm actually not a big charsiew fan to begin with.

Lastly the noodles were thicker and harder than most wanton mee noodles in Sg. I loved the noodles taste but didn't enjoy the toughness as i prefer my noodles softer.

Soup was addictive & the chili (that i added in myself) was awesomeeee! Damn spicy & shiok!

I give Eng's Noodles House's Wan Ton Mee a 3.5 out of 5 stars!!!!!

Small bowl ($4) wanton mee may look little but it was very filling!

As the noodles were thicker than usual, i was full despite ordering just a small bowl! 


Medium sized fried wanton ($4)

Gosh! The fried wan tons were so yummy!!!

It was fried to perfection! Hot & crispy on the outside & juicy, well marinated meat on the inside! 4 out of 5 stars!!!!! Must try if you're a big fan of fried wantons like meeeeee!


Barley, $1.50 each.

I like that the drinks came in cute cups / mugs like these! Just made me happy somehow! Barley tasted ok only lor... Hahahaha! Nah, i'm not gonna rate the barley drinks please :/

I have to add that the service at Eng's Noodles House was amazing! I will definitely visit the place for more wan ton mee + fried wan tons soon!!! :)))

P/s: Rmb to put coupons if you're parking your car at the carpark just behind the stall!!!


Eng's Noodles House
287 Tanjong Katong Road S437070
Hotline: 8688 2727

No comments:

Post a Comment